CROSSFIT CHESTER LTD RULES, STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES*
- We have standards of behaviour and integrity. Bullying, racism, homophobia is not tolerated at CrossFit Chester. All clients and guests must respect the rights of all participants regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ability, cultural background or religion. Be respectful of our community and those who inhabit it.
- Booking in via Team Up is essential before entering CrossFit Chester. For health and safety reasons, we need to know who is in the gym at any given time, therefore you MUST book in and out (if unable to attend).
- Be early, if you are not early, you are late. Give yourself enough time to change, chat with other members, go to the lavatory and do any additional warm-up before class starts. Most likely that means showing up at least 10 minutes prior to class start time.
- Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience, too much ego, trying too hard and your lack of attention to self. Don’t be overly eager. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help. Upward progression in strength, speed, and ability WILL COME. DO NOT continue a session if you feel dizzy, light-headed, faint, weak, sick to the stomach etc.
- Let the coaches coach! We have experienced coaches who know the ‘who’, ‘how’, ‘what’, ‘where’ and ‘why’ of coaching a class. Feel free to support a fellow athlete but leave the technical side to us, please. We are here to provide a safe and motivating environment designed for your success.
- Treat equipment with respect. LOADED barbells (not empty ones) are designed to be dropped on the rubber mats. NEVER DROP BARS WITH 10KG OR LESS PER SIDE THOUGH! Other equipment such as Kettlebells, Dumbells, Wall balls should not be dropped as they may possibly injure another member or damage another piece of equipment. Please and thank you for abiding by this.
- The WOD takes priority, there’s a myriad of reasons we have WOD’s in CrossFit, for starters: You’re less likely to bias yourself towards the things you’re good at; You get some competition; you get support, you get coached and no matter how experienced you are, you still need coaching and need to work on the basics. If you have extra things you’re working on, there are times before or after the WOD and open gym to work on them. Newbies, make sure you’re staying consistent and learn from the coaches. Old hands, don’t start thinking that it’s okay to do your own thing whenever you want to, remember the rules.
- Open gym is for members to work on their weaknesses and develop strength and improve on skills. Open gym hours are NOT for groups to take over to do their own WODs. If there is a WOD you would like to do in a group speak to the head coach who will schedule it in, or book a time to use the box so that others can use the open gym for what it is intended. Open gym is a chance for us to come together, support and learn from each other, but remember we have coaches for a reason to use them if you are not sure about anything. Do not take over the open gym area, have respect for others that wish to use it. If you use any equipment you must put it back at the end of your session, everything has its place. For Health and Safety reasons: Do not walk through or interrupt the main WOD area once it has started – this includes but not exclusive to getting equipment, chatting to mates, filling water bottles (or in fact anything at all. Have respect for the coach and the other members doing their session.
- Check Yourself… (Attitude) Leave your Drama at the Door. Don’t bring that stuff into the gym. Use your hour at the gym to clear your mind and focus on training hard. CrossFit Chester is your sanctuary. As coaches we want you to leave your training session stronger mentally and physically.
- Leave your Ego at the Door, don’t allow your ego to get in the way of training. There is always room for improving and progressing. Remember, there is always someone out there bigger, faster, and stronger than you.
- Never Say, “I CAN’T”. not a word used in our gym. Self-pity accomplishes nothing
- You are the athlete, not the Coach… encouragement is expected…coaching other athletes are not accepted. We know that members have good intentions when they start giving coaching cues, but there is a big difference between “Come on one more rep!” and “You need to…Do it this way.” If you see something that looks unsafe, grab a CrossFit Chester coach that’s what they are here for!
- A for Effort… the effort is more important than any other attribute. Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed if you can’t lift as much or perform as well as other members. It doesn’t matter so long as you push the envelope each and every workout.
- Unless you have booked in for an open gym session, you will have no longer than 15 minutes either side of the class times to use open gym.
- Do not cheat. Do every rep, with solid technique, no matter the time it takes. You only cheat yourself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person. There is no honour in cheating, what joy is there in a victory you didn’t earn?
- Take Rest Days… These are essential. Rest to allow muscle recovery, prevent injury, and keep the intensity high during training.
- Introduce Yourself… there is no better feeling than entering a CrossFit gym and having existing members introduce themselves. Please introduce yourself to any new athlete and new athletes introduce yourselves to our members. CrossFit Chester is more than just a gym. It’s a community.
- Dress Code… don’t worry about how you look. Worry about how you perform. Simply wear clothes and footwear to exercise in.
- Set Up Your Equipment… we will help you scale weights and movements but it is your responsibility to get your weights and set yourself up for the WOD.
- Clean up after yourself… clean up equipment, sweat, spit, blood, liquid chalk spills, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind with the cleaning products we’ve provided.
- CrossFit Chester is for use by adults or those under strict adult supervision. Persons under 18 may not register without an adult’s written consent and may not use the facility without adult supervision.
- If you are diabetic or have high Blood Pressure, or have any other condition which may negatively affect your performance, it is your duty to inform the Coach/Coaches if you have not made it clear on your medical form. Stay safe by being smart.
- Please dispose of all trash in the bins provided. Alcohol, chewing gum and smoking (including e-cigarettes) strictly prohibited.
- CrossFit Chester is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- You may not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquillisers or any medication or other substances which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- CrossFit Chester reserves the right to remove you from the premises if it reasonably believes you are unfit to use the facility.
- Please do not take photographs/videos on the premises or post remarks to the internet that may identify another member, without their permission
- CrossFit Chester will always inform you the most up-to-date rules and regulations governing our facility.
We are committed to our responsibilities in safeguarding the welfare of all individuals, children and young people involved in CrossFit. We extend this responsibility to every adult involved whether as, coaches, parents, children or guests.
We maintain the conviction that all individuals, including children and young people have the right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, race, language, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or social/economic background.
We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a safer, more enjoyable and inclusive environment for all individuals to participate in physical activity to the best of their abilities for as long as they choose to do so.
Monitoring, Review and Update
The Code of Conduct will be reviewed a year after development and then every three years, or in the following circumstances:
- To any changes in legislation and/or government guidance.
- As required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board, Local Safeguarding Adults Board, Sport Wales and British Weightlifting.
- As a result of any other significant change or event.
* CrossFit Chester will always email you the most up-to-date
rules and regulations governing our facility.